Our kit was all packed up ready for a busy day at Harwood Meadows Primary School.
The plan for the day was to have a carousel of computer science activities with year3s in the morning and the year4 class in the afternoon. The activities included:
- Logging on to Purplemash to use 2Code – remember you can use this at home
- Using the BlueBots and iPads – using pauses and repeats in our programming
- Using the free Kodable app on the iPads
- Using the Beebots – to plan where the Beebots starts and finishes, plan the route, input the algorithm – did it work? If not we had to debug!
If you took part in these activities it would be great to hear about your favourite activities and why.
Over the last couple of years St Joseph’s RCP have sent each of their year2 classes upwards for a day of Computer Science.
This year we decided that we could not leave the year1s outs any longer … we think you can see we had a great day, see you next year!
A few weeks ago the Forwards Centre brought their KS2 children, now it was the turn for KS1. The focus was lots of practical activities to support teaching & learning in their computing lessons.
The focus for the day was:
Updates from BoltonSICT – Office365 migration and Computing Assessment package
- Presentations from the teaching & learning team from TTS – Computing from EYFS through to Yr6 which included lots of hands on BeeBots, BlueBots, ProBots & looking further on using Pi2Go.
A full day of learning today for @HMCPS visit to @BoltonSICT , we used @LEGOeducationUK @purpleMash & story writing with Beebots !
Here are the highlights…
Everyone had a great day