The Gates parent iPad project

TheGates LogoThe Gates Primary Schools was recently successful in obtaining some Lottery funding to promote family links within school,  I was asked to deliver a block of after school parent & children sessions where the focus was – using iPads to support their child at home.

I have demonstrated how teachers use Purplemash in their lessons, recapped how to log on and save. We have used lots of computer science app like LightBot, Kodable and beeBot apps. Last we were using apps that made puppets and photos talk – iFunface, Morpho  and Yakit Kids – there has been lots of hands on, nervousness and much laughter!

3 Comments

• Parents feedback:

Sam’s Grandma on 06/07/2015 at 2:40 pm said:
    The course has been very enjoyable, working together with my grandson, to gain experience using I pads and the apps that are used in school. It was very informative and interesting to see how these apps can be used across the school curriculum.

Grace B on 06/07/2015 at 2:48 pm said:
    we were using 2 code in are lessons on purple mash it has been realy fun we also made puppets talk.
    Grace 🙂
    p.s we used other fun apps aswell !!!

arthur on 06/07/2015 at 2:50 pm said:
    My favrute game was light bot and it was great alsowe made puppits talk in wierd voicies.
    arthur 🙂

• Parents feedback:

Hayden’s Mum on 06/07/2015 at 2:52 pm said:
    It was lovely having the opportunity to learn new skills and to experience the learning apps the children use in school: Bee-Bot, iFunFace, Kodable, Purple Mash, Lightbot, Morpho to name a few.

Hayden on 06/07/2015 at 2:51 pm said:
    I loved the first time.it was mega fun . It couldn’t get better!!!

Sam on 06/07/2015 at 2:59 pm said:
    My favourite activity was purplemash, using 2code. I like creating my own game.

• Parents feedback:

Jessica’s mummy on 06/07/2015 at 2:53 pm said:
    I have really enjoyed iPad ict lessons, I was nervous at first but so glad we came, Jessica had fun playing kodable and purple mash, we had such a laugh using talking apps. Thank you for your time Debs, we’re sorry it ends next week!!

Grace & Arthurs Mum on 06/07/2015 at 3:14 pm said:
    We have thoroughly enjoyed the iCT course as a family. Grace and Arthur have learnt lots of new and exciting ways of using and enjoying their favourite apps.
    I feel much more confident using the ipad and it will help us all at school as well as at home.